- Ari Lennox, Singer
- Doja Cat, Rapper
- Malibu Mitch, Rapper
- Paloma Mami, Singer / Songwriter
- Ioanna Gika, Singer
- Natalie Bergman, Singer for Wild Belle
- Jillian Hervey, Singer / Dancer for Lion Babe
- Dana Dentata, Rapper
- Kasai, Singer
- Abby Jasmine, Rapper / Influencer
Read full article: hypebeast.com
- Apple Music is launching a new multi-lingual playlist today, as first reported by Billboard .
- “Music itself is a universal language, but great music breaks down language barriers.
- The new “Suave” playlist will be available worldwide tomorrow, March 22nd.
Read full article: 9to5mac.com
- CHICAGO, USA – Colombian reggaeton superstar J Balvin will headline this year’s edition of Lollapalooza, organizers of the festival announced Wednesday, March 20, a landmark moment for Latin music in the US mainstream.
- Balvin will play alongside the other 7 headliners including Ariana Grande and Childish Gambino at the top music festival in Chicago, set for August 1-4.
- After recording the initial version Balvin worked on a remix with pop royalty Beyonce to produce a charity version for hurricane relief later that year.
- Lollapalooza – a festival conceived in the 1990s as a celebration of alternative culture – has never featured a Latin act that performs in Spanish so prominently on its billing.
Read full article: rappler.com
- RUDY PEREZ, CHAIRMAN/CEO; DELIA ORJUELA, PRESIDENT; DESMOND CHILD, CHAIRMAN EMERITUS
- The Latin Songwriters Hall of Fame (LSHOF) announced today a new leadership line-up with former President Rudy Pérez assuming the role of Chairman/CEO; BMI executive, Delia Orjuela appointed President; and former Chairman/CEO, Desmond Child becoming Chairman Emeritus.
- The LSHOF Executive team currently consists of, in addition to Rudy, Delia and Desmond: Executive Vice President, Karen Sherry; Secretary and Executive Director, Betsy Pérez, Chief Legal Officer, Dario Carnevale, Senior Vice Presidents Claudia Brant, Alexandra Lioutikoff, and Jorge Mejía.
- The Latin Songwriters Hall Of Fame (El Salón De La Fama De Los Compositores Latinos) was co-founded by Rudy Pérez and Desmond Child with the mission of educating, preserving and celebrating the legacy of the world’s greatest Latin songwriters and their music and encouraging the development of future generations of songwriters.
- During her spare time, Orjuela is involved with the Latin outreach on behalf of St. Jude Children’s Hospital, she currently sits on the Los Angeles Board for Education through Music, and most recently was named President of the Latin Songwriters Hall of Fame.
Read full article: communitynewspapers.com
- Becky G, one of reggaeton’s leading ladies, will play a free show at the Miami-Dade County Youth Fair this Friday.
- Later, keep the Women’s History Month celebration going at Bar Nancy’s Viva la Woman! show that same night.
- On Saturday, bid farewell to Elton John at his final South Florida show ever.
- Friday, March 15, at the Miami-Dade County Youth Fair, 10901 SW 24th St., Miami.
- Noon Saturday and Sunday at the Wharf Miami, 114 SW North River Dr., Miami; wharfmiami.com .
Read full article: miaminewtimes.com
Read full article: mercurynews.com
- American Spanish-language media company Univision has partnered with Napster on its redesigned Latin music streaming app, Uforia
- The app is part of the recently expanded Uforia brand, described as ‘the biggest Latin music media platform in the country’.
- Rhapsody’s Powered by Napster was officially launched in January and is an audio platform that allows other companies to launch their own branded streaming service.
- “Our joint collaboration with Uforia will deepen and expand Powered by Napster into the rapidly growing Hispanic market and the top streamed artists in the US.
Read full article: musicbusinessworldwide.com
- Univision is set to announce at SXSW today that it has partnered with Napster to bring more music streaming choices to its revamped Uforia app.
- That’s where Uforia comes in, which the company recently refreshed as a brand for all of its music efforts going forward.
- Part of these efforts is the new Uforia app, which Lara described as fine-tuned to Univision’s audience.
Read full article: variety.com
- click to enlarge Photo courtesy of The Transparent Water Trio
- The trio keeps playing together because of the rapport the three musicians share.
- The Transparent Water Trio, the band he’s bringing to the Freight and Salvage, features kora player Seckou Keita from Senegal and percussionist Gustavo Ovalles from Venezuela.
- ” I don’t know if the music we made in the studio, or make on stage, is jazz,” Sosa said.
- There are elements of classical music, jazz and traditional music from Cuba and Africa — the voice of our ancestors.
Read full article: eastbayexpress.com